Monday 7 February 2011

Black Swan



Necklace: Vintage fair
Ring: Antiques (Local vintage store)
Draped wrap skirt: Blogshop
Ribbon tights: Primark

Black Swan is definitely one of the better psycho-thrillers I have seen. It's beautiful, but horrifying at the same time. There were a bit too many cringe-inducing scenes for my liking and I admit I used the "peek through my fingers because it's less scary that way" technique a lot. Still, that did not stop me from taking note of the costumes.


[Pic credit: IMDB]

Aside from the pretty tutus and stunning white gown Natalie Portman wore, there were many scenes of her looking adorable in leg warmers. I love the whole leg warmer look anyway, but I thought it was especially cute when worn on just one leg.

[Pic credit: IMDB]

I also like this pale pink shrug she wore in several scenes. It made her arms look very swan-like. And there it is again, the one leg warmer, worn over white tights. I think the wispy wrap skirt completes the outfit to make her the graceful white swan that she is. This outfit was actually my favourite out of the bunch.

Will this bring about a trend of ballerina-inspired outfits?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I wanted to say, I'll always be here for my friends no matter what but maybe I'm really all jaded or jealous with the lack of attention. Now, black swan is really Natalie Portman's best performance to date and she really is brilliant. Loved her in V for Vendetta and Closer.

    This outfit of yours is cute as well. Love the tights and the all black ensemble. Following you now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chyrel: You're a great friend :)

    Yeap, she deserved the BAFTA she won and I'm sure she'll do very well at the Oscars.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave me a comment xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...