Tuesday 25 October 2011

Eurotrip


Hi, guys!

I'm back! So did you guys manage to guess where I went? Many of you guessed Italy and you were right! After Venice and Rome, the boyf and I went to Budapest (Hungary) and Berlin (Germany). We had such a good time and I definitely learned a lot.


First stop - Venice, Italy.



Venice is as I remember it, absolutely beautiful. It's still as touristy as ever, but on a particularly gloomy day and during the nights, the streets have a quiet calm that makes the entire place seem very serene. I think that's when Venice is the most beautiful.


Second stop - Rome, Italy.



While I didn't quite enjoy Rome the last time I was there, I think this trip has changed my perceptions quite a bit. I think I didn't quite like the place due to its high cost of living, the heat (in summer) and also the throngs of tourists everywhere which is silly because I was a tourist myself, contributing to the congestion. The boyf, being a history buff, mapped out everything he wanted to see, so I got to revisit a lot of the sites and more. There was so much to cover and walking around under the sweltering heat definitely tired me out.


Mini stop - Vatican City


The among of people there was crazy! Luckily, the boyf and I bought audio guides, so we strolled through the place at our own speed. So many different tour groups of all sorts of nationalities were being herded around like sheep, I wonder if they actually saw anything. I know I didn't get to fully appreciate the Sistine Chapel the last time I was there, so I made sure to spend a good amount of time there to appreciate Michael Angelo's masterpiece.


Third stop - Budapest, Hungary.



After the heat and tiring pace of Italy, Budapest was a very welcomed holiday. We managed to cover nearly all of the more interesting sites at a very leisurely pace. The city is absolutely gorgeous at night when a lot of the important sites are lit up. I learned quite a bit of history here.


Last stop - Berlin, Germany.



Berlin is a place full of history and "German precision". Nearly every corner has a story to tell. We visited a lot of memorials and I read so many interesting and sad life stories. The city is very urban, yet very safe and the people are very nice. It was the only city out of the 4 where a local stopped to ask us if we needed help when we looked lost.


It was a great trip and I'm very appreciative of the fact that I got to visit these places. At different times during the trip, I would stop and think just how lucky I am to be able to be there, to see the things I saw.  Traveling definitely opens up your mind.

I have thousands of photos to go through and even selecting the few above took me hours and hours. Since many of you seem to be interested in hearing about my trips, I'll certainly be blogging about them. However, I'll have to spread them out over the weeks as I don't want to lose sight of the main purpose of this blog.
xx

19 comments:

  1. great BW pictures! ohh did you go inter-railing? I've always wanted to do that but I hated the idea of doing hostels lol. Your holiday looked amazing - welcome back Joey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaah, I'm so freaking jealous o_o. Nice to hear that you had a great time! :d And such lovely photos! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are amazing Joey! I wish I had the opportunity to see all these sights for myself. I'm quite envious of your trip! Hopefully one day I'll get the chance to go in person ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a good time! I wish I could visit there some day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm excited to see the posts about your trip. Let me escape in your pictures >.< exam stress sucks

    ReplyDelete
  6. can't wait for future posts about your trip! the picture of the shoes lined up seems interesting.hmppph. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7.  welcome back sweetie ^^ hope you had fun in europe :D next time, come to holland!! hahah ='D and the photos are nicee <3 would love to go to rome when i have the time ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, words cannot express the extent of my jealousy! Looks like you had an amazing cultural experience. I'd be super excited to see more photos and posts of your incredible trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow!! i'm heading to Budapest next week, your pictures are making me so excited!! What are all the abandoned shoes about? And do you have any food recommendations or anything at all you would like to share before I head Budapest?? I heard it's gorgeous there :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on completing your Masters! Woot Woot! Yea I jumped right into working after graduating...now I wish I would have taken a little trip or something. 

    Aww that must be tough leaving your boo, but that's great that you guys were able to tkae a romantic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had an amazing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What was the reason for this awesome trip?


    Shasie of Live
    Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had fun in Europe ^___^ the photos are beautifuly shot!
    Call me a granny but I love to visit cities with their history and old buildings <3
    Can't wait for more photos :)

    xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. welcome back hunnie!!! omgggg you had such an amazing vacation!! budapest looks so beautiful. can't wait for more pics from your trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. luck girl !! Your pics are very nice !
    You should have come to Paris ;-)

    http://www.mymymode.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love seeing travel blogs, and I can't wait to see more!

    I've never been to Italy, but I've always dreamed of it. Nate and I were going to elope there back in 2007, but we decided to go full on with a real wedding our families could all attend, so we got married in a castle in Canada instead. :) I still want to make it out to Italy, though.

    What's with the shoes in Budapest??

    Welcome home, Joey! Missed ya!

    xx{ish.},
    Mae Lu @ thereafterish.!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photos.  My need to travel has suddenly intensified. 

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwww. I am so jealous of your Euro Trip. Thanks for sharing Joey and the photos were just all too marvelous. Really. 

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to leave me a comment xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...